Wednesday, April 6, 2011

What I Needed Most...

September 24, 2010


A college friend suddenly called me on my phone. I was surprised  to receive a call from her since for the past two years we have not talked in person or on the phone.

We talked about career and love. Well, most of the conversation was actually about her and not much about me. For that moment, I was again in the position of a listening friend - a support. But, surprisingly, I did not fee what I felt the other night. The conversation I had with her was, I realized, comforting.

All day I felt sad and unimportant, my morale was at its deepest but the one-hour call from a friend changed my mood. Interestingly, she does not know what she did to me. She does not know how thankful I am she called me. 

That call may be very ordinary to her but to me, it was at that moment, what I needed most.




No comments:

Post a Comment